Pre-Festival Hamburger Feed & Music Crawl
Downtown Closure Planned for Winfield Main Street Music Crawl
The Winfield Main Street Committee of the Winfield Area Chamber of Commerce is planning another Pre-Festival Hamburger Feed and Music Crawl on Tuesday, September 12th to celebrate the 51st Walnut Valley Festival. Downtown streets will be closed to traffic in order to have a safe and relaxed crawl.
The closure will be from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Tuesday, September 12th. The area closed will be Main Street from 5th Avenue to 11th Avenue, and 9th Avenue from Millington Street to Manning Street.
The businesses/organizations that will have musicians playing at their storefronts are as follows:
- Ladybird Brewing (523 Main St.) – Johnny Mullenax Band and Grayson Kuchar at 6-9:00 PM
- Walnut Valley Outpost(702 Main St.) – Buffalo Jones and the Heard at 7-9:00 PM – Kids selling popcorn, cotton candy, and homemade bracelets
- The Edge Performing Arts Center/Cutting Edge Custom Tees(721 Main St.) – Kerwood at 5:30-9:00 PM – The Edge PAC Company Team will be selling snacks and drinks
- Order of the Eastern Star (106 ½ E. 8th) – Winfield High School Choir Department at 5:30 PM – Selling baked goods and water
- RE/MAX Noble (800 Main St.) – Michael Velvet at 6-8:00 PM
- Union State Bank(823 Main St.) – Barry Patton with Pop & The Boys at 6-8:00 PM
- Eagle Nest Inc.(112 E. 9th Ave.) – Clayton Crawford at 5:30-6:30 PM
- WMS Hamburger Feed(9th & Millington St.) – Mandolin Monroe 5:30-7:30 PM
- RCB Bank(900 Main St.) – Phillip Bostic and Trish Webster at 5:30 PM – Giving out free ice cream
- Marquee Performing Arts Center(1007 Main St.) – Mark Sganga at 6-8:00 PM
- Trunk N Treasures(1016 Main St.) – Tim Durham at 5:30-7:30 PM
- Grammies Sandwiches & More (Music at 1023 Main St.) – John Depew at 6-8:00 PM- Giving out water and sandwich samples
- First United Methodist Church(1000 Millington St.) – Josh & Jennifer Melcher 6-8:00 PM – Giving out free root beer floats
Wheat State Wine Co. in partnership with the chamber’s Young Professionals of Cowley County organization will be selling wine and beer again this year for folks to enjoy while they listen to music. The entire closed downtown area will be a temporary drinking district and the sales will take place at the intersection of Main Street and 9th Avenue. Participating downtown drinking establishments will also be selling beer that can be carried outside into the drinking district. Please remember that you cannot carry alcohol into these drinking establishments, you can only carry them out. No outside alcohol is allowed into the drinking district. Alcohol must be purchased from one of the designated vendors.
The Winfield Main Street Hamburger Feed will be held at its usual location at 9th Avenue and Millington Street during the music crawl. Hotdog meals will be sold for $7, Hamburger meals for $10, and Double Meat Meals for $15. 100% of the proceeds from this event go into the Winfield Main Street Committee’s mini grant fund for downtown business improvements.
Many businesses downtown will also have merchandise, games, informational booths, and more outside their storefronts including; Walnut Valley Meat Market, Orion Education & Training, Valentine Brand/Do It Up Studio, The Bar & Grill, Rejuvv Spa, and Khao Kham Market.