Non-Profits Mean Business
The Chamber has expanded its services to community service organizations with the creation of the Non-Profit Coalition. Pam Moore, Legacy Community Foundation, is the chairperson. The group works to build capacity in non-profit organizations and to raise their profile in the business community.
Because of these Non-Profit Organizations:
- Children have a voice in court
- Your kids have mentor and role models
- Our kids have choices in education
- Everyone has access to books, film and computers
- Cultural events are available to everyone
- A variety of classes are available to all, including stained glass and pumpkin painting!
- Developmentally Disabled people have a comfortable home and are a part of the community
- Downtown has pocket parks and summer flowers
- Art is on display EVERYWHERE!
- Seniors have wonderful living options
- Local endowments enhance quality of life
- Economic development is encouraged through local funds
- Compassionate end-of-life care is readily available
Impact By The Numbers
Annual salaries, supplies, rent spent in town: $12,014,580
Grants received from outside the county: $1,059,093
Value of services performed: $226,761,763
For a full list of Organizations involved in the Non-Profit Committee please contact the Winfield Chamber of Commerce at 620-221-2420.